I have a number of thoughts about this whole Katrina wrecking New Orleans thing:
- I'd like to extend my utmost sympathy to those directly affected by this disaster.
- theodicy n : the branch of theology that defends God's goodness and justice in the face of the existence of evil
- Where the Hell, is the National Guard? Isn't it their job to help out in situations like this? Oh, that's right, they're in Iraq trying to get us cheap oil. Guess what doesn't matter when our refineries at home get wrecked: cheap crude oil. Or was it trying to protect our people from danger, because Katrina is killing more Americans than the Iraqis are.
- Our President is not taking this seriously enough
- I wonder how long it will be until New Orleans exists again.
- Hippo's blog has an interesting idea about repairing communication infrastructure quickly in disasters like this.
- I hope the death toll is lower than expected.