After reading the recent Boing Boing post about HOWTO unlock your Nexus One and turn it into a 3G modem, I thought it might be worth putting together a similar set of instructions for the Nokia N900.
Some notes before we begin:
- This is a supported use of your phone.
- There is no risk of bricking your phone.
- This does not wipe your phone.
- You don't need to back anything up before starting.
1. Install Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking support
- Open the Application Manager
- Install the "Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking" Application
2. Tether your computer